For the construction and maintenance of sand based sports turf profiles
Addition of PermaGro® to sports turf areas reduces fertiliser leaching and irrigation requirements. Promotes rapid turf establishment, assists plant health and promotes a stronger, deeper root structure. All these benefits combine to reduce management inputs and improve turf performance.
The addition of PermaGro® to sand at the Westpac Wellington Stadium, Waikato Stadium in Hamilton playing surfaces as well as the Barr Forsyth Stadium in Dunedin (photo above), is testament to groundskeepers' confidence in its performance.
- Using an approved mixer, mix 4% w/w or 10% v/v with sand for the top 125mm of turf construction prior to spreading.
- Regular soil tests should be taken. Less fertiliser, particularly potassium will be required.
- Irrigation intervals should be re-evaluated and extended.
- Cored holes in problem areas can be back filled with 100% PermaGro
- For a general coring use up to 50% PermaGro/sand mix.