At BPM, safety and health are embedded in our core values. While our reserves and facilities represent significant assets, our most important resource is our people. We encourage the commitment of everyone to act as stewards of safety, thus ensuring a secure and healthy workplace for co-workers, contractors and business partners.
- Every job can be done safely
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility
- A safe operation is an efficient operation
The measures we employ include
- Trained Health and Safety Rep who reports directly to Management and Board members.
- Several staff go on First Aid training courses and hold current First Aid certificates.
- We hold frequent tool box meetings where Health and Safety is the first item on the agenda to demonstrate a commitment to Health and Safety and to encourage participation by everyone
- WorkSafe New Zealand conducts Health and Safety assessments on site and offer recommendations that we action. This free advice we value and find it to be a good way to measure our performance in this area.
- All staff receive free health checks on a yearly basis
Each employee contributes by
- Adhering to a strict safety policy
- Being involved in the workplace health and safety system.
- Following procedures and using appropriate equipment.
- Wearing protective clothing and equipment as and when required.
- Reporting any pain or discomfort as soon as possible.
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported.
- Helping new employees, trainees and visitors to the workplace understand the right safety procedures and why they exist.
- Reporting of any health and safety concerns.
- Keeping the workplace tidy to minimise the risk of any trips and falls.